Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ooo- Tigers!


Their perceptions were not ready to register anything but the strictly indispensable. Always in motion. Always in a hurry. Travelling under the protection of a glass-bell transporting them from home to the office and isolating them from the surrounding sensorial world. Beauty sacrificed on the altar of efficiency. A sad waste of potential.    -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path



Today I tried to find a few non-baggy shirts to wear to work. Why are all the cool tops these days made with cap sleeves? Cap sleeves are so unkind to athletic women- it makes my muscle-bound bicep look fat.

I did not need another hoodie, but come on.... I mean srsly:








So then I had to also get this one:







When I saw the Tiger hoodie, my second thought (after OOOH!!!! OOOH!!!) was- disturbingly- "Do I still own this enough to be justified in wearing it?" I feel like this is a part of my life that I've largely lost. That makes me very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment