Friday, August 9, 2013

Sic 'im, Ed

Run. If you have time to ask yourself, "Should I engage?" the answer is, "No." –Rory Miller
 
 
 
Friday: 133.5

1 hour of racquetball. I still suck, but fortunately colleague is patient so far. I suggested that after she finished humiliating me at racquetball, we should fight, so that I could humiliate her in turn. She didn’t take me up on it.

Straight from there to to…..

Friday lunchtime BJJ at Seattle. Same techniques as yesterday. Remembered to protect my fingers. Still forgot to keep hold of the damn pants.  Hedge praised my breakdance pass. I really wanted to try it on the Stupid Side and see if I could make it work today, but he had a shoulder injury on that side and asked me to not hike his arm up over his head while front mounting- so I deduced that the breakdance pass would be unwise.

Again, lots of reps, to exhaustion- good cardio, good weight loss (I hope).

Had to skip the first roll, as I was wiped out. Then, one roll with Angus and one with Ed. Played real conservative with Angus, as I have figured out by now that as soon as he gets on top, I’m hosed. I was in his closed guard for much of the 10 min, until Coach Tom started heckling him from the sidelines, telling him that he had to take some risks and open his guard. “Omoplata her!” Thanks a lot Tom. I managed to pass his guard a couple of times, but then he got a sweep and keylocked me.

Hostility Boy was there. Joy and rapture. I almost skipped the rolling at the end just because I didn’t want to risk getting stuck with him. Well, with Kirkland open, I now have another option to spin the Russian Roulette wheel and hope he will present elsewhere. I did get to watch Ed make him tap with a bow-and-arrow, which was pleasant.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment